Current Employment Opportunities
Employment Opportunities at the Madison County Detention Center
MSgt. Kimberly Paul or MSgt. Diane Gilmore
Or bring your resume to
2935 Highway 51 South
Canton MS 39046
Madison County Employment Policies
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Madison County will not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices.
- Madison County will not ask a job applicant about the existence, nature, or severity of a disability. Applicants may be asked about their ability to perform specific job functions. Medical examinations or inquiries may be made, but only after a conditional offer of employment is made and only if required of all applicants for the position.
- Madison County will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability upon request unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship on the operation of the County's business.
- Madison County will maintain any employee's medical records separate from personnel files and keep them confidential.
- Madison County will make an individualized assessment of whether a qualified individual with a disability meets selection criteria for employment decisions. To the extent the County's selection criteria have the effect of disqualifying an individual because of disability; those criteria will be job-related and consistent with business necessity.