Current Employment Opportunities
Assistant County Engineer Click Here
Madison County Employment Policies
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Madison County will not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices.
- Madison County will not ask a job applicant about the existence, nature, or severity of a disability. Applicants may be asked about their ability to perform specific job functions. Medical examinations or inquiries may be made, but only after a conditional offer of employment is made and only if required of all applicants for the position.
- Madison County will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability upon request unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship on the operation of the County's business.
- Madison County will maintain any employee's medical records separate from personnel files and keep them confidential.
- Madison County will make an individualized assessment of whether a qualified individual with a disability meets selection criteria for employment decisions. To the extent the County's selection criteria have the effect of disqualifying an individual because of disability; those criteria will be job-related and consistent with business necessity.