1. The property must be zoned A-1 with a minimum requirement of 2 acres per dwelling. (Please verify zoning)
2. Please contact the Madison County E-911 office at (601) 859-4188 to obtain a physical address of the property. NOTE: You will need to provide the printout of the address assigned by the E-911 office when applying for permit.
3. Health department approval is REQUIRED and must be provided if public sewer services are NOT available.
- Contact the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) On-Site Wastewater at their toll-free call center 1-855-220-0192.
- MSDH will provide the REQUIRED recommendation form (335) that is needed to proceed with the permit process.
- MSDH will also provide the REQUIRED approval form (910) once installation of the septic system is complete. NOTE: Electrical services cannot be released without the inclusion of this form.
4. You must provide verification letter from property’s water provider.
5. You will need to bring the following to obtain a mobile home permit:
- Filed copy of the warranty deed. NOTE: If applicant is placing home on land that they do not own, landowner must provide notarized letter granting permission for home placement.
- Title or bill of sale
- Plot/site plan
- Sewer recommendation / approval forms from Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH)
- Water provider verification letter
- Mobile home permit fee $150.00 (cash or check)
6. After permit is obtained, mobile home must be registered with the Madison County Tax Collector. (A registration number will be given at time of registration. This number is needed when applying for electrical services.)
7. In order to obtain electrical services, inspections must be completed from the MSDH, State Fire Marshall (601) 359-1061 and Madison County inspector. The homeowner must provide approval form (910) from MSDH to permit office before electrical services can be released.
MOBILE HOME PERMIT SUMMARY
- Verify zoning and 2 acre requirement.
- Apply for address.
- Contact MSDH for sewer recommendation &/or approval.
- Apply for permit – bring warranty deed (notarized letter, if needed), plot/site plan, address verification document, water verification letter and sewer recommendation form.
- Register mobile home with Tax Collector’s Office & pay taxes.
- Complete (3) three inspections – sewer, State Fire Marshall and Madison County inspector.
If you have any questions, please contact William Hawkins
Vickie Terrell Miller email@example.com (601) 855-5695
or Latashee McLaurin firstname.lastname@example.org (601) 855-5507.
OFFICE HOURS ● MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM