MADISON COUNTY CHANCERY CLERK
NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
Madison County, Mississippi and Chancery Clerk Ronny Lott are pleased to offer Internet access to certain Public Records stored by the various departments, including the Madison County Chancery Clerk’s office. However, users should be aware and accept the terms of the following disclaimer.
The information on this website is constantly updated. While Madison County has tried to ensure the accuracy of the online version of its data, there may be omissions or additional information not represented here; moreover, the data retrieved here is not official. Madison County will not be responsible for any inaccuracies that may be encountered.
Until further notice, only the Official Records of Madison County Mississippi as found in the Madison County Courthouses and/or Administrative Offices shall be referenced as the Official Records. In any situation where the Official Records differ from the online version, the Official Records will control.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO LAND RECORD SEARCHERS:
(1) Land records recorded prior to January 1, 2000 are official only in their “hard copy” format as they are found physically located in the Madison County Chancery Clerk’s Office in Canton, Mississippi. Some records recorded prior to that date may be available through the public terminals physically located in the Madison County Chancery Clerk’s Office and may be also be available online; however, such records must not be relied upon as official and may not contain certain marginal notations which may affect an interest in real property.
(2) Land records recorded after January 1, 2000 are official and constitute the Official Records of the Madison County Chancery Clerk as they are found in digital image format accessed through the public terminals physically located in the Madison County Chancery Clerk’s Office in Canton, Mississippi.
(3) Regardless of the date of recording, land records and indexing information which are made available online (as distinguished from records available through public use terminals physically located in the Madison County Chancery Clerk’s Office in Canton, Mississippi) are intended for unofficial use only and are provided strictly as a convenience.
(4) For these reasons and others, and until further notice, the online records should not be relied upon to obtain an accurate and complete title search.
(5) Madison County and the Madison County Chancery Clerk strongly advise the user to verify the results of any records search using the Official Records of the Madison County Chancery Clerk as those records are physically located and found in the Chancery Clerk’s office in Canton, Mississippi, whether in “hard copy” format or in digital image format. We also recommend the use of a competent attorney and/or an experienced title abstractor.
Madison County, Mississippi disclaims any responsibility and makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, accuracy, content, or completeness of any information contained in this website. Assessing accuracy and reliability of information is the responsibility of the user.
Madison County shall not be liable for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use or misuse of the online version of its records and/or the information contained in this online version. The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Madison County and anyone involved in storing, retrieving, or displaying this information for any damage of any type that may be caused by retrieving this information over the Internet.
Unless excluded by the Mississippi Public Records Act, or other state law, much of the information contained on documents filed with Madison County is open to the public. Access to such public information through this website does not alter the public accessibility of that information or constitute a waiver by Madison County of any exclusion or formal request for information requirements provided by the Mississippi Public Records Act.
Inclusion of links to other web sites is not an endorsement of those sites by Madison County.