Madison County contracts its household garbage collection and recycling services through Waste Management, Inc. This includes any area in Madison County that is NOT within a municipality. If you live within a city or town, you should contact their City Hall for information concerning solid waste collection and recycling services.
|City of Ridgeland, City Hall||www.ridgelandms.org||601-856-7113|
|Town of Flora, City Hall||www.florams.com||601-879-8686|
|City of Canton, City Hall||www.cityofcantonms.com||601-859-4331|
|City of Madison, City Hall||www.madisonthecity.com||601-856-7116|
When contacting Waste Management Inc. (www.wm.com 1-800-284-2451) you will need to provide them the following information to ensure they provide you the correct information:
- Where you live (City, Town, or County)
- Your Name
- Your Physical Address
- Your Telephone Number
- Issue or Request
By providing this information, Waste Management Inc. will be able to give you guidance based on the collection contract specific to your home.
Madison County Solid Waste/ Recycling Services (Non-Municipal Locations)
Solid Waste Services
|Madison County Solid Waste||www.madison-co.com||601-855-5534|
If you have questions concerning household garbage collection, please call Waste Management, Inc. at 1-800-284-2451, or Madison County Solid Waste at 601-855-5534.
Household garbage collection is once a week for Madison County residence. Your pick-up schedule can be found at the following link:
Acceptable Items for household garbage collection:
- Bags and Containers
- All garbage shall be placed at the curb or end of your driveway no later than 7a.m. on the day your garbage is scheduled for collection
- Cans shall be within five (5) feet of the curb or end of driveway.
- All garbage shall be bagged and placed in a plastic or light metal garbage receptacle
- Bags shall be standard plastic bags designed for garbage
- Filled bags shall not exceed 40lbs in weight
- Bulk Waste (White Goods)
- This includes stoves, refrigerators, hot water tanks, and washing machines/ dryers
- All appliances with a compressor must be properly tagged for Freon removal by a licensed appliance contractor.
- Bulky items require scheduling with Waste Management, Inc. Customers can call 1-800-284-2451 to provide the Customer Service Representative information as to what needs to be collected. Waste Management will make arrangements to have these items collected.
- Large Trash Items
- For bulky trash or larger amounts, please contact Waste Management, Inc. for either rental of a dumpster or purchase of a Bagster Bag. 1-800-284-2451
Non-Acceptable Items for Household garbage collection:
- Construction Debris
- Yard Waste
- Limbs over five (5) feet
- Limbs over four (4) inches in diameter
- Unbagged leaves or grass clipping
- Unbagged yard waste
- Dead Animals over 10lbs
- Hazardous Waste
- Motor Oil
- Large Automobile Parts
- Equipment Parts
- Scrap Metal
Madison County does not provide curbside recycling. Madison County provides, for the citizens who live outside municipal city limits, a recycle bin where recyclables can be placed in a recycle bin. The recycle bin is located at 141 Lake Cavalier Road at the Southwest Fire Station. Please DO NOT dispose of garbage, furniture, mattresses, dead animals, or any other item that are not an accepted recycling item. If the bin is full, DO NOT leave your items on the ground because they will not be recycled. This area is under camera surveillance.
Items accepted for recycling:
- Aluminum Cans
Items not accepted for recycling:
Tire Recycling Service:
Madison County provides two (2) locations for tire disposal for the citizens who live within ALL jurisdictions of Madison County. These locations are:
- Madison County Road Department, 3137 Highway 51 South, Canton, MS
- 2061 Loring Road, Camden, MS
For more information about Tire Recycling contact the Madison Road Department @ 601-855-5670.
Limb / Yard Waste Collection
Requirements for limb/ yard waste collection in Madison County
Option 1, Waste Management, Inc.
Waste Management, Inc. will collect limbs/ yard waste on your regularly scheduled collection day. They must meet the following requirements:
a. Yard waste shall be bagged including leaves, grass clippings, and other yard debris
b. Small branches must be bundled/tied and no longer than five (5) feet long and four (4) inches in diameter.
Option 2, Madison County Road Department
The Madison County Road Department has trucks available to collect limbs that are too large for Waste Management, Inc. to collect. Contact the Madison County Road Department at 601- 855-5670 to schedule this service. Any trees or landscaping removed by a contractor shall be disposed of by the contractor.